Alleged Joss Stone attacker denies knowledge of singer prior to arrest
By Andy Malt | Published on Tuesday 26 March 2013
Junior Bradshaw, one of the two men accused of plotting to kidnap and murder Joss Stone, yesterday told Exeter Crown Court that he had never even heard of the singer before he and Kevin Liverpool were arrested in June 2011.
He claimed that, as far as he had been aware, on the day they were arrested he and Liverpool were “just going on a day out”. However, he said he couldn’t remember what they planned to do when they got to wherever he thought they were going.
As previously reported, Liverpool and Bradshaw, having travelled from Manchester to Devon, were stopped by police when local residents reported the two men acting suspiciously. When searched, their car was found to contain various weapons and notes sketching out a plan to murder and decapitate singer Stone at her nearby home.
The two men deny charges of conspiracy to murder, rob and cause grievous bodily harm. The case continues.