The Beliebers may not have been impressed that Justin Bieber was ‘snubbed’ by the US Recording Academy when it failed to shortlist his most recent long player ‘Believe’ for ‘Best Pop Vocal Album’ at this year’s Grammys, but when Clear Channel surveyed users of its American streaming music platform iHeartRadio about this year’s Grammy noms last month, more were upset about the lack of nods for Coldplay, Carly Rae Jepsen and One Direction.
iHeartRadio surveyed users in December about what they considered to be this year’s biggest ‘Grammy snub’, and here are the five most deserving non-Grammy nominees according to that poll…
1. Coldplay (not nominated for Album Of The Year for ‘Mylo Xyloto’) – 21.9%
2. Carly Rae Jepsen (not nominated for Best New Artist) – 16.5%
3. One Direction (not nominated for Best New Artist) – 14.3%
4. Justin Bieber (not nominated for Best Pop Vocal Album for ‘Believe’) – 12.8%
5. Rihanna (not nominated for Best Pop Vocal Album for ‘Talk That Talk’) – 10.6%
SIGN UP HERE for free CMU music news in your inbox every week day with the CMU Daily