Monday 16 July 2012, 12:32 | By

New Kids and Backstreet Boys sued by stagehand

Business News Legal Live Business

NKOTBSB

The New Kids On The Block and The Backstreet Boys are being sued by a stagehand that worked on one of their combined shows in Memphis last year.

William Wesley Styron says he suffered a fractured skull and “traumatic brain injury” after falling through an unmarked trap door while working on the stage ahead of the NKOTBSB show at the city’s Fedex Forum in June 2011. Styron adds that he fell thirteen feet and suffered a “loss of consciousness, seizures, and convulsions”.

Styron’s lawsuit says that the two bands and the show’s promoters should accept liability for his injuries because no signs or cones were used to warn him of the hazardous conditions on the stage, and he’s reportedly seeking $5 million in damages. Reps for the show are expected to argue that the accident was Styron’s own fault, and that he should have exercised more care by default when working in the stage area.

OR READ MORE ABOUT: | | |

  • Lords pass proposed secondary ticketing regulations
  • Sankeys boss on US club closures, first ever Sankeys festival
  • Spotify goes into profit in France
  • Billy Bragg apologises to Taylor Swift, offers “full support” in “fight for transparency”
  • AC/DC ‘don’t have to fire’ Phil Rudd
  •