Monday 12 November 2012, 12:37 | By

Ono thanks Macca for Beatles split comments

And Finally

Yoko Ono

Yoko Ono has thanked Paul McCartney for being “brave” enough to admit that she wasn’t responsible for splitting up The Beatles.

As previously reported, Macca recently told David Frost in an interview that, despite what rock legend might tell you, it just wasn’t true that John Lennon’s relationship with Ono was behind the collapse of the Fab Four at the end of the 1960s, saying that his bandmate would have almost certainly quit the band anyway, as his outlook on the world and his art began to shift. McCartney: “She certainly didn’t break the group up – I don’t think you can blame her for anything”.

Thanking Macca for those remarks, Ono has now told The Guardian: “I thought people knew that I was not responsible, but surprisingly, many people still felt that. He was very brave [to clear things up]. So I’d like to say ‘Thank you, Paul. I love you, we love you'”.

OR READ MORE ABOUT: | |

  • News Corp chief lays into Google on competition and copyright grounds
  • Iggy Azalea sues ex-boyfriend over early music release
  • SFX appoints VP Of Artists & Labels
  • Dan Le Sac on Royal Blood
  • Ariana Grande hopes you all fucking die
  •